Indian hemp made me leave church to steal cars – Suspect

bng 
 A suspected armed robbery gang have confessed to the police in Lagos that becoming Indian hemp (Cannabis Sativa) smokers led them into violent crime. The gang, was arrested by the operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) of Zone 2 of the Nigeria Police Force based at Onikan, Lagos.
One of them, simply identified as Chukwuemeka, says he was introduced into armed robbery after he joined Indian hemp (Cannabis Sativa) smokers at a popular suburb of Lagos, Ajegunle. The suspect and three other members of his gang were arrested on July 23 at Ajegunle, while on their way for an operation.

They were actually going to snatch a Toyota car when luck ran out on them. Chukwuemeka, 32, who spoke to NAN at the Zone 2 headquarters, said that having been initiated into smoking Indian hemp he met different gangs involved in violent crimes. “I regret joining Indian hemp smokers. I am a commercial bus driver, but every evening after work, I go to Bola area of Ajegunle to smoke hemp.

“I met our gang leader, simply identified as Ogaga at the smoking joint. We exchanged telephone numbers. “And one Sunday, he called me to meet him at Bola that there was a business,’’ he told pressmen, lamenting his involvement in crime. “I left church after Sunday service to meet Ogaga. While at the place, he told me that there is one Alhaji that we will work for and get paid  “When I heard the title Alhaji, I thought he was a politician.

“Few minutes later, one man came and introduced himself as Alhaji. He told us that he needs clean stolen cars to buy and promised to go with us in the operation. “Our job is to snatch the car at gun point and escape; and I agreed. “I regretted coming from the church to where they were planning to go and rob, yet, I agreed to the operation. It is the devil that pushed me.’’

Speaking to newsmen also, Ogaga, 29, who claimed to be a welder, said he was introduced to other members of the gang while in Ikoyi Prison for a similar offence. Ogaga claimed that after regaining his freedom from the prison, he got connected to one Alhaji Onile, who requested him to recruit men to steal cars for him to buy.

“I live at No. 45, Ojo Road, Ajegunle. I was in Ikoyi prison between 2009 and 2010 for alleged robbery. I was awaiting trial before I was granted bail. “I was introduced to robbery by one inmate in the prison called Godswill, a.k.a. Commando to one Alhaji Onile. It was after my bail that we decided to rob cars for Alhaji.

“We have two locally made pistols and cartridges brought by other members of the gang. I also introduced other members to Alhaji,’’ he confessed. Another of their members, called Daniel, 28, who claimed to be a sailor in Port Harcourt, said he met Ogaga at new Road Bridge, Bola, Ajegunle

No comments:

Disclaimer:
*Don't Forget To Drop Your Comments After Reading
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Agbo.
*Agbosblog Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Agbosblog.com
*Follow On Instagram @agbosblog
*Follow On Twitter @agbosblog

Thank You