Yemi Alade Speaks On Her Challenges And Motivation (Must Read)

Having won the Best Female Act at the MAMA awards, in an exclusive interview with The Net, Yemi Alade opens up on her take on loosing awards and more.
Read below:

“For almost two years now, I have lost a few awards, even though I was nominated. The feeling has always been positive. It has always been just keep working and going on, awards will come and go. I just try my best not to take it to heart. I just really try my best. The theme was just keep working.”
She also goes on to talk about Tiwa and Cynthia as female Nigerian singers she admired.
“I definitely admire Tiwa Savage. She is definitely one of the females who came up and changed the game by being different, and I also admire Cynthia Morgan as well because she also came up with something different.”
She eulogized Don Jazzy, P-Square and Banky W for their contributions to the Nigerian music scene.
“Male singers, P-Square is top on my list because of their resilience, their lengthy stay in the industry, their work ethic, their accomplishments and everything about P Square is very worthy of admiration. I also admire Don Jazzy for not stopping even when the world thought it was over for him. He gave birth to something new, refreshing and lasting, The Mavin Dynasty. I also admire Banky W because of what he stands for musically in Nigeria.”
Yemi also spoke on her signature hairstyle and why she cannot deviate from it.
“It all started with Clarence Peters, when we wanted to shoot ‘Johnny’ video and he asked my hairstylist to bring hair styles that would stand out and that would also show my face- show my face very well so that when people watch my video, they will easily relate and say, ‘Oh, that is Yemi Alade.” His second reason was that he wanted a situation where after the video people would go to the salon and say, “Oh, I want Yemi Alade’s hairstyle.” And that really is that about the secret. Then Ad Smiles came up with the hairstyle. Since then I haven’t been able to take it off my head.”

No comments:

Disclaimer:
*Don't Forget To Drop Your Comments After Reading
*Comments on this blog are NOT posted by Agbo.
*Agbosblog Readers are SOLELY responsible for the comments they post on Agbosblog.com
*Follow On Instagram @agbosblog
*Follow On Twitter @agbosblog

Thank You